Screen Tasmania, a business unit of the Department of State Growth, is the Tasmanian Government body responsible for supporting and developing the state's film, television and multimedia industries by increasing the amount of independent screen production occurring in Tasmania.
Screen Tasmania aims to build on the growing success of the screen sector in Tasmania with a focus on attracting high quality, high value productions to the state, developing the substantial talent of Tasmanians and supporting Tasmanian-based projects.
Screen Tasmania's work, as outlined in our Strategic Plan 2017-21, is focused on:
- Growing optimal production levels across all formats to sustain Tasmania production and deliver strong outcomes for the Tasmanian economy.
- Supporting the development of Tasmanian talent to tell Tasmanian stories to the world.
- Actively promoting the development of a sustainable, innovative digital content sector in Tasmania.
- Working towards increased inclusiveness with a focus on diversity, both on screen and within the sector.
- Continuing to build Screen Tasmania as an efficient, transparent part of Government.
Screen Tasmania provides grants and equity investments in the development and production of Tasmanian screen projects including short films, drama, documentaries, feature films, TV series and digital media, and provides direct support in the form of industry and professional development. Our programs, approved under the Cultural and Creative Industries Act 2017, are outlined on our Funding and Support page.
The Screen Tasmania newsletter and Facebook page is the best way to ensure you receive information about new initiatives, funding opportunities and other relevant news and events.