Funding Approvals - November 2004
- An investment of $50,000 to Blue Rocket Productions Pty Ltd to support the development of a range of animation projects.
- An investment of $21,911 to Buona Notte Film Productions Pty Ltd to develop the documentary Life is Elsewhere. Amy and Claire are identical twins. They are best friends and best enemies.
Feature film script development
- An investment of $10,000 to Damien Power to develop a second draft of his screenplay I Love Launceston. When Paul returns home for his father’s funeral, he struggles to rebuild the bridges he had burnt when he left.
- An investment of $8,000 to Lee Stone to develop a second draft of his screenplay I Choose You. The film centers on two tragic characters, Jade and Minka. While patients at the Lincoln Psychiatric Ward, these opposites attract, ignite, dismiss, hurt and learn from each other until the realisation that love is the best healer of all.
- An investment of $13,000 to Mark Joseph to develop a third draft of his screenplay The Unsealed Road. Marcel Gould, living in self-imposed exile relocating seals across Tasmania, must face his past in order to connect with his wife before she dies.
Industry and cultural development
- A grant of $10,000 to Newdegate Nominees Pty Ltd (trading as The State Cinema) to assist with the presentation of its annual Cinematheque program.
- A grant of $7,910 to Machine Laundry Café to assist with presenting the annual outdoor screening in Hobart of the Tropfest national short film competition in 2005.
- A grant of $50,000 to Wide Angle Tasmania Incorporated to support its program of professional development activities for emerging filmmakers around Tasmania.
- A grant of $5,000 to the Australian International Documentary Conference to support this major conference for factual film and TV producers, to be held in Adelaide in March 2005.