Funding Approvals - December 2003
- An investment of $14,500 to Franz Docherty and Belinda Bradley to complete the third draft of their screenplay The Pink Ladies. Set in the Huon Valley , it tells the story of a group of women who upset the applecart when they decide to start a soccer team.
Short Films and Animation
- A grant of $65,260 to Adam Walker Film to for the short animated film Sam and Piccolo. Everything is perfect, until greed overcomes Piccolo.
- A grant of up to $25,000 to Lilydale based filmmaker Janine Wright to produce Poppy, a five-minute drama about a journey as seen through the eyes of a child.
- An investment of $70,000 to Paul Scott Films in the production of Devil Diary, a one-hour television documentary that takes viewers behind the scenes of the world's largest Tasmanian Devil Sanctuary in Northern Tasmania.
- An investment of $12,500 to John Tristram of Juniper Films, to enable further research and development of Depraved Little Felons, a television documentary that will tell the stories of Tasmania's young convict migrants.
Industry and Cultural Development
- A grant of $50,000 to the Salamanca Arts Centre for the operation of the Mobile Media Access Facility in 2004. The Facility will provide workshops and screen culture activities for emerging filmmakers around Tasmania.
- A grant of $10,000 to Newdegate Nominees (trading as The State Cinema) to enable presentation of the Cinematheque program of classic films during 2004.
- A grant of $5,930 to Robyn Brake of Machine Laundry Café for the local screening of the national Tropfest film festival in Salamanca Square.
- A grant of $5,000 to the Australian International Documentary Conference, to assist with presentation of this major Australian event which provides access to key national and international market representatives for Australian filmmakers.
- A grant of $1000 to Lucy Gouldthorp to attend the 2003 Spaa Fringe conference.
- A grant of $1000 to Nathan Spencer to attend the 2003 Spaa Fringe conference.
- A grant of $1000 to Ella Kennedy to attend the 2003 Spaa Fringe conference.
- A grant of $1500 to Troy Melville of Pro Digital Productions to attend the 2004 Australian International Documentary Course.
- A grant of $1500 to Chris Gallagher of On the Isle Productions to attend the 2004 Australian International Documentary Course.
- A grant of $1500 to Ella Kennedy to attend the 2004 Australian International Documentary Course.