In July 2017, Screen Tasmania launched its Strategic Plan 2017-2021. The Strategic Plan builds on the previous plan, Through the Lens to 2016, and the Tasmanian Government's Cultural and Creative Industries Strategy 2016-18.
The Strategic Plan aims to build on the growing success of the screen sector in Tasmania with a continued focus on attracting high quality, high value productions to the state, developing the substantial talent of Tasmanians and supporting Tasmanian-based projects.
The aims of the Strategic Plan are focused on:
- Growing optimal production levels across all formats to sustain Tasmania production and deliver strong outcomes for the Tasmanian economy.
- Supporting the development of Tasmanian talent to tell Tasmanian stories to the world.
- Actively promoting the development of a sustainable, innovative digital content sector in Tasmania.
- Working towards increased inclusiveness with a focus on diversity, both on screen and within the sector.
- Continuing to build Screen Tasmania as an efficient, transparent part of Government.
The Strategic Plan will guide Screen Tasmania to meet the challenge and opportunity of fostering the sustainability and longevity of the screen sector as it continues to grow.
You can download a copy of Screen Tasmania's Strategic Plan 2017-2021 (Low Res) (3 Mb) and (Hi Res) (17Mb) here.
Program Guidelines are available on the Funding and Support page.