Dramatic Flare - short-form drama workshop
The workshop is divided into three sections:
Episode 1, 28 November, 9am-12.30pm (for all applicants)
- The Money - Screen Australia's Online Production team, Lee Naimo and Alyce Adams, will outline the current market and funding opportunities for short-form drama series
- Tale of 'The Tailings' - Emmy-nominated screenwriting doyenne Liz Doran and emerging Tasmanian writer Caitlin Richardson will outline the process of developing their short-form drama The Tailings with the financial support of a broadcaster and a funding agency
- Starting From What? - Julie Kalceff will present a case study on developing and producing the world-wide smash hit Starting From Now
Episode 2, 28 November, 1.30pm-5pm (for selected teams)
- Pitch Meetings: Our industry experts will take 30-minute one-on-one pitch meetings with selected teams to help them craft their pitches and projects
Episode 3, 29 November, 9am-5pm (up to 6 selected teams)
- Masterclass: Julie Kalceff will run an exclusive full-day masterclass on writing short-form drama for up to 6 selected teams.
Applications are now being accepted until Monday, 18 November.
If you wish to be considered for the pitch meetings and masterclass, you must apply as a team with a project, with a two-page pitch document. For those only wishing to attend Episode 1, you can apply as an individual without a project, and all eligible applicants will be accepted (subject to capacity).
Teams will be assessed against the following criteria:
- The skills and experience of the creative team
- The strength and quality of the material provided, and
- The likelihood of the project advancing into production engaging an audience online
The number of teams selected for pitching meetings in Episode 2 will be dependent on the number of pitching sessions available (approximately 10-15).
Up to 6 teams will be selected for Episode 3.