Animation Attachment on Electric Yak's Moments of Clarity
Electric Yak Pty Ltd is looking for someone to undertake a Flash Animator role as an attachment. Attachments are paid training positions where the attachee undertakes work and learns as part of a team.
The Attachment will be for 6 weeks from 13 January 2020 in Hobart.
The successful candidate will have a solid knowledge of Flash (Adobe Animate) as well as the commitment and desire for a career as an animator.
In addition, each candidate will need to be able to demonstrate:
- drawing ability and a good sense of design;
- basic animation skills;
- an understanding of the principles of character animation and of film-making;
- an appreciation of accuracy and detail;
- ability to take direction and willingness to make changes as required;
- ability to work as part of the animation team;
- ability to deliver on schedule;
- good communication skills; and
- self-motivation, commitment and enthusiasm.
This position is supported by Screen Tasmania’s Attachments and Traineeships program. To access the Screen Tasmania Guidelines, click here. To be eligible, you must be a Tasmanian resident, at least 18 years of age and not enrolled as a full-time student.
The successful attachee will be paid $850/wk as an employee of Electric Yak.
Screen Tasmania will vet all Expressions of Interest for eligibility. All eligible Expressions of Interest will be forwarded to the production company for consideration. The final decision is in the hands of the production company.
To express your interest, go to the Screen Tasmanian Application Portal here.
Applications NOW close 9:00 am Tuesday 10 December, 2019.